Position Title: Financial Controller
Location: Endicott, Ney York
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Imperium3 New York, Incorporated (the “Company”) is seeking a strong candidate for the position of Financial Controller to be a significant contributor in its efforts to commission the implementation and start-up of a high-volume, battery-cell manufacturing operation in Endicott, New York.
The Financial Controller will be a principal partner with the Company’s other functional disciplines in support of its overall financial and operational objectives. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Financial Controller will be responsible first, for advising in the selection of, and then implementing a sophisticated ERP system, suitable for planning, controlling and reporting the financial and operational results of the Company’s high-volume, cost-critical manufacturing environment.
In parallel, the Financial Controller will be principally in charge of establishing and promulgating suitable financial and internal control policies and procedures.
Subsequently, the incumbent will undertake all aspects of financial management and reporting as they relate to the manufacturing operations including cost accounting & reporting, accounts payable, payroll and fixed asset control and accounting.
Key Responsibilities :
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and maintain monthly managerial financial reporting package with appropriate variance analyses compared to annual budget and rolling 12 projections.
- Report monthly results to parent entity for timely consolidation in prescribed formats.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and FASB guidelines.
- Interface with external auditors.
- Establish and maintain statutory reporting compliance procedures – local, state and federal.
- Coordinate project reports, annual budgets and proforma rolling business projections.
- Develop and monitor cash flow actuals, forecasts and analyses.
- Ensure timely compliance with all lender credit agreements.
- Develop business processes and accounting policies to implement strong internal financial controls.
- Implement and manage Accounts Payable, Inventory Accounting, Fixed Asset
Accounting, Payroll and Accounts Receivable functions.
- Participate in the selection, deployment and development of the ERP system.
- Maintain accounting operations, including Cost Accounting and Revenue Recognition.
- Supervision of accounting staff.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance / Accounting or relevant
- Extensive experience in cost accounting and GAAP-based general accounting
- 5 – 7 years of hands-on manufacturing accounting and department supervision experience
The successful candidate will be someone who has the ability to communicate and interface with operations and engineering counterparts and provide analyses and recommendations to all levels of the organization that represent sound financial reporting principles.
- Disciplined and goal driven
- Ability to summarize and explain analysis to various stakeholders
- Fits well with our entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Feels comfortable on the factory floor
- Ability to map operational processes financial numbers
- Strong in MS Office / Google Suite products particularly excel / sheets
- Must have experience utilizing ERP systems
Imperium3 New York is a lithium-ion battery manufacturing company headquartered in Endicott, NY – IBM’s birthplace. Using patented composition of matter technology, we are building the next US-based lithium-ion Gigafactory in Endicott, NY. It is expected to grow progressively to over 30 gigawatt-hours of production capacity over the coming years.
We produce world-class lithium-ion batteries that are the cleanest and greenest available anywhere in the world, now and in the foreseeable future.
Superior performance, environmental preference, low cost, and a vision to future generations of batteries that exceed any others announced or envisioned by competition. Imperium3 New York is poised to become a world leader in lithium-ion batteries serving the world’s greatest manufacturers in electric vehicles, energy storage, and many other great devices envisioned for the future.
If you have what it takes to help lead in one of the most progressive and upcoming US-based companies and in one of the industries that will change the world to be a better place for today and for generations to come, please let us know – we would love for you to join our Team!